manchester metropolitan is a leading university provider of degree apprenticeships with a proven record of success.
with more than 2,000 apprentices enrolled, we are an ofsted grade 1 outstanding provider and the best rated university for degree apprenticeships (rate my apprenticeship awards, 2020).
we are already delivering degree apprenticeships with over 400 of the uk’s leading employers, including astrazeneca, barclays, ibm, bae systems, lloyds banking group, thales, asda and mcdonald’s as well as scores of smaller businesses.
we also have well-established relationships with many public sector organisations including councils and nhs trusts, and we are a national exemplar for degree apprenticeships with smes (small business charter 2019).
all of this success is based on our strong partnerships with our employers.
every qualification is designed by an employer advisory board, which helps us shape our courses to directly meet the needs of business. visit our degree apprenticeships in development page for more information about how to be involved in the development of upcoming programmes.
when you partner with us, you and your apprentices will be supported throughout with:
- a dedicated account manager
- advice about funding and financial help from the government
- assistance with recruitment, including vacancy alerts to potential candidates and space to exhibit at open days
- a dedicated skills coach to provide your apprentice with pastoral and academic support
incentives are available to support employers who recruit new apprentices.
why offer degree apprenticeships?
- apprentices develop the skills, knowledge and behaviours directly relevant to your business, often in key skills shortage areas
- degree apprenticeships help attract and retain talented employees, providing a ladder of opportunity and progression - they are also a great way of improving the diversity of your workforce and social mobility
- apprentices work on live projects devised by you, them and our tutors - maximising tangible business benefits
- courses are supported by government funding and the apprenticeship levy scheme